Aromatherapy Essential Oils – Vital Importance
What is aromatherapy?
- Aromatherapy is an alternative form of medication that involves the use of essential oils and other aromatic compounds extracted from the plants naturally. This form of medication is quite an effective method that helps one to treat one’s mind and body that helps to make one feel more comfortable and relaxed.
- These oils can be brought to use in many ways: by inhaling them in the vapor form as they are volatile in nature, mixing in the warm bath water or by applying it to the body and massaging it.
- The aromatherapy essential oils produce strong aroma that is characteristic for many of these and help in the treatment. The oils are volatile and concentrated and so proper care should be taken while using them.
The mixture created in the bath water should be such that makes the mind relaxed and provides comfort to the body. Clary sage and Ylang Ylang are the essential oils that help in bursting out stress that maintains a good body circulation and their massage rejuvenates the scalp and makes it free from problem. This helps in the treatment of hair loss which is brought about by a regular massage with these oils.
- Aromatherapy is a new science of treating human body problems and healing it by the aid of the essential oils that are extracted from the plants. This helps in gaining peace of mind, body and soul.
- This treatment can be applied to the body in a number of ways. The essential oils can be taken in bath water; they can be used in body massage or can be inhaled as well. There is a big list of the essential oils that can be effective to the body.
- The various oils that are brought in use for the aromatherapy are sandalwood, rosewood, eucalyptus, clove, jasmine, fennel, etc.
- Aromatherapy oils are those which are distilled from the natural herbs and plants. History is evidence that these oils have its unique therapeutic property. Aromatic oils have a fragrance like scent. But scents that we buy do have impurities like strong chemicals. It is advisable that one should gather the full knowledge about the usage of these natural oils.
- A number of essential oils can be used to maintain the body functions. Eucalyptus for example is as effective as an antibiotic. Rosewood and sandalwood oil on the other hand are good sedatives. Neroli is also very helpful during aromatherapy as an anti inflammatory and an antispasmodic agent.
- The various essential oils are to be applied to the skin by massage process. Spraying over the skin is another way or you may have a bath along with these oils.
Various oils extract are never used at a time. You have your choice to pick that suits your skin type. Various oils that are to be used are:-
Sandal wood, Spearmint, Clary sage, Lemon, Ylang Ylang, Eucalyptus, Rose, Chamomile, Patchouli, Bergamot Peppermint Lavender.
Thus at last, I would say that aromatherapy essential oils are of a vital importance for an individual.