Aromatherapy – a new science
Aromatherapy is a new science of treating human body problems and healing it by the aid of the essential oils that are extracted from the plants. This helps in gaining peace of mind, body and soul. This treatment can be applied to the body in a number of ways. The essential oils can be taken in bath water; they can be used in body massage or can be inhaled as well. There is a big list of the essential oils that can be effective to the body. The various oils that are brought in use for the aromatherapy are sandalwood, rosewood, eucalyptus, clove, jasmine, fennel, etc.
Eucalyptus Oil Benefits
- Eucalyptus is one of these essential oils that are getting very popular in aromatherapy nowadays. It has various benefits. It helps get rid of a number of problems like that of the body muscular pain, poor blood circulation, sinus ,headache, cold, flu, other congestion problems and the list is endless.
- Eucalyptus aromatherapy is very helpful in treating the breathing problems especially. Eucalyptus essential oil can be taken in the form of vapors by inhaling it. Though it has such an effective property, it can cause irritation.
- It is hence advised to be careful while using the undiluted form of eucalyptus oil and protect the eyes from the burning sensation.
Uses of Eucalyptus
- Eucalyptus has a special characteristic aroma that makes it a more widely used essential oil. It is a potential anti bacterial and anti viral oil. It is excellent at blood oxygenation and helps in promoting the repair of the blood cells. It improves the blood circulation also.
- Eucalyptus therapy also helps in making the respiratory system free of mucous deposition and helps in getting rid of hay fever and cough. Not only is this it very effective in depressing other breathing problems. The aromatherapy done using eucalyptus oil is very helpful in asthma, bronchitis and also the oil can be used for sore throat treatment also.
- Being a good anti bacterial oil it serves right in the treatment of body infections. It is used in the treatment of symptoms of malaria. Eucalyptus provides a very strong and soothing scent that makes it fit for use in the aroma therapy pens which are helpful in bursting out the stress.
- Other than eucalyptus these therapy pens make use of rose, ginger, mint, lavender, etc .The effect of eucalyptus oil can be enhanced using basil, peppermint or lemon. Eucalyptus it often used to make the mind cool and relaxed. It rejuvenates the mind and makes breathing easier and problem free.
A number of species of eucalyptus are used as a source of eucalyptus oil that is derived from the oil glands present in the leaves of the tree. The various species of eucalyptus are Eucalyptus globules, E. piperita, E. radiata, etc. Eucalyptus globulus, for example is generally used in removal of the mucous from the respiratory tracts, treating headaches and also used in cold. Eucalyptus radiata, on the other hand is used to prevent the spread of cold and flu and is a more often brought in use for the therapy.
- Useful References