Many people who have failed to lose weight through various means often turn up to the Keto diet. This has become very popular as several people have lost weight by using this method. In this regard, let us understand how this can be beneficial and how it can affect your health. To begin with, you need to understand that the basic principle of the keto diet is to reduce the intake of carbs to the lowest minimum level daily. On the other hand, the intake of protein and fat is increased to give the body more strength.
Pros of keto diet:
- The Keto diet allows you to eat a whole variety of foods with the only restriction of fewer carbs. Foods you eat may include meat, fish, eggs, nuts, veggies leafy greens. The use of olive oil is encouraged in this diet.
- The biggest advantage of this diet is that it changes how your body burns fat in the long run. This can have a positive impact on the insulin level and provide a lot of health benefits for people suffering from diabetes and obesity.
- This is beneficial when you are involved in sports activities or other works that require good strength and stamina. You will not feel tired as the body is getting enough fat and protein through this diet.
- The chances of maintaining weight are high in this diet. Most people who lose weight through the keto diet tend to maintain it easily as the body is used to the new way of burning fat.
Cons of keto diet:
- One of the major disadvantages of this diet is that you have to be constantly aware of the fat source. This can be a difficult task as many people will not be able to understand the complexities of calories and other issues.
- It isn’t easy to maintain this diet when you are eating outside food. You may not get your choice of food in every place.
- As the amount of fat is increased in the diet, there are chances that this can lead to high cholesterol levels if the source of fat is not good for your health.
In this manner, there are both advantages and disadvantages of using this diet to lose weight. It is always a good idea to consult your doctor or dietitian before starting this diet. In this way, you will be able to reduce the disadvantages and get the best results without taking any risk.