Do you have five problems and need one solution? Do you also want whiter teeth, less cavity, better breath, strong gums, and a beautiful face? There is a perfect medical practice for all your problems. This practice may be less known as compared to floss but is more effective.
Oil pulling is a traditional Ayurvedic medicine that can be carried out using sunflower oil, herbal oil, or the most likely, coconut oil. It is a simple practice of swishing edible out in your mouth for a few minutes and then spitting it out. It’s very similar to other mouthwash practices.
How it’s done
This simple process is carried out in four simple steps:
- Begin by preparing one tablespoon of edible oil; it may be coconut oil, sunflower oil, or any edible oil.
- Swish it around to the corner of your gums for 15-20 minutes properly. Remember, do not swallow.
- Spit oil inside a trash can. Avoid spitting it inside your sink, as the oil may clog your sink.
- Rinse your mouth with water properly before you eat or drink something else. Brush your teeth before or after oil pulling as you feel comfortable.
You can start by doing it once a week to thrice a day. The duration can shift from 5 minutes to 15 minutes by practicing it regularly. For best results, try to do this with an empty stomach.
- It removes food debris and metabolic waste from the tongue.
- It provides dental care and bleeding gums.
- Protects dryness of lips and throat.
- Gives good breadth.
- Delays face wrinkles.
There are no specific side-effects of oil pulling, but one may experience some discomfort at the beginning of the process. You can suffer from a headache or a sore jaw. A person suffering from coconut oil allergy is advised not to perform this practice. Do not swallow the oil after swishing it inside your mouth. You can use other oral hygiene methods as well. You can contact your dentist before beginning any oral care.
After knowing all the benefits and side effects of oil-pulling, you can decide which oral healthcare method works best for you. It’s not possible to visit a dentist quickly; oil pulling is a perfect way to take care of your dental health.