A growing number of people are struggling to remain fit and healthy these days because they are glued to the internet and television during most of their waking hours. To make matters worse, they also consume unhealthy food rich in sugar, salt and saturated fats. As a result, they are not only becoming obese, but also dying of diseases like diabetes and stroke in the prime of their life. If you are worried that your sedentary lifestyle and bad eating habits are leading you to an early death, here are a few online health tips that will help you remain fit and fine.
- Drink water: Water is the elixir of life and drinking at least 2 liters of it rehydrates all your cells and keeps you healthy and energetic. But rather than drinking a whole 1 liter bottle in one gulp, drink a glass or two of water several times a day. Also, drink before you get very thirsty because by that time some cells may already be dehydrated.
- Exercise regularly: Physical exercise stretches and soothes your muscles and bones, keeps oxygen flowing in every part of the body, and burns the extra fat clinging to your waistline and thighs. The benefits of regular exercise cannot be overemphasized. So exercise at least three times a week. You can jog, run, swim, dance, play badminton and tennis, or do any other activity that you enjoy doing.
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast: After a night’s sleep, your body is in need of a fresh shot of nutrition to start the process of metabolism for the day. So eat a good heavy breakfast to last until lunch time. Make it healthy by adding yoghurt and salad. Starting your day with a healthy breakfast keeps you energetic throughout the day and protects you from many diseases.
- Eat healthy food: Too many people die a premature death today because of their love for tasty foods. But tasty foods are usually overloaded with salt, sugar, fats and other ingredients that turn into poison inside our body. Take pains to avoid such foods. Instead, eat foods that contain a lot of green vegetables. These are rich in antioxidants that neutralize and remove the harmful oxidants and free-floating radicals in your body.
- Sleep and relax: After a day of work or activities, your body needs at least 7 hours of sleep. This gives your body enough time to rejuvenate the cells and improve your immunity to diseases and ailments. Also, after every tiring activity, sit in a quiet place and relax. Doing yoga and meditation are also good ways to relaxing.
- Have a regular health checkup: A complete health checkup is the only way to find many diseases. Many people die prematurely because for years they are totally unaware of diseases that are silently ravaging their body. The only way to avoid this fate is to have regular checkups to detect the diseases in their early stage and take appropriate measures. So have a health checkup every six months.
- Do everything in moderation: You don’t have to become a Buddhist to know that moderation is the key to happiness. It is also the key to a fit and healthy body. So eat, drink, exercise and do everything in moderation.