Alternative names : General Weakness, Tiredness, Stress
Feeling weak and low on energy is a common complaint experienced by many people today. Debility means the lack of strength of the human beings.
What are the causes of debility?
The cause may be actual. It could be due to some neuro-muscular disorder, metabolic diseases such as diabetes, deficiency disorders such as anemia, drug treatment with steroids, or an underlying undiagnosed disease such as cancer, tuberculosis or AIDS.
The cause may also be the aftermath of some acute illness such as pneumonia or a viral fever. Weakness and debility following illness causes nutritional deficiency, which leads to depression. It then becomes a vicious circle of depression, loss of appetite, more weakness, and the cycle continues. A feeling of general weakness also results due to over-indulgence in heavy food, smoking, excessive intake of alcohol, narcotic drugs, or even heavy medication. However, it may not be any of these, but a general lack of energy, caused by a sedentary and lazy lifestyle. Sometimes people feel depressed without any reason. Common causes of debility includes :
What are the symptoms of debility?
Common symptoms includes:
- Weakness in whole body.
- Mental Stress.
- Feeling lazy.
Debility Home Remedies
- Avoid spicy, fried foods, and always eat freshly cooked meals. Modern conveniences such as refrigerators, microwave cookers/ ovens, cut and polythene-wrapped vegetables, pre-cooked processed foods, to which additives have been added to increase shelf-life, have given rise to people eating food which lack or are deficient in energy-giving vital substances, such as vitamins and trace elements, as well as minerals. Pharmaceuticals race to produce these vital substances in the laboratory in better and better forms, which more absorbability. But there is nothing to beat the form in which they are available in nature.
- Eat more fiber rich carbohydrates (Sugar, Bread, cake, puddings etc).
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and salads. Tonic herbs include parsley, chives, sweet cicely and asparagus. They are specific for healing and convalescence related to liver, kidney disorders and arthritis.
- Drink more water.
- One fourth of a teaspoon of cardamom powder in a glass of hot milk, flavored with trace nutmeg or mace, makes a soothing nightcap for people in a debilitated condition or depressed state of mind.
Debility Prevention Tips
- Exercising regularly for strengthen the muscles.
- Eat less Animal protein.
- Use less salt and sugar in your diet.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol