This condition basically goes by more than a few different names – dyshidrotic dermatitis, pompholyx and dyshidrotic eczema. We use the word dyshidrotic because it is related to the sweat glands. The doctors and researchers have proven the association of disease with the sweat glands. The name or word pompholyx is a Greek word meaning bubble, which describes the disorder accurately.
The major causes of Dyshidrotic Dermatitis
Till date no one knows the exact causes of the dyshidrotic dermatitis disease. Number of people with the atopic dermatitis also has dyshidrotic dermatitis, which clearly means that the disease called dyshidrotic dermatitis is a form of the disease known as atopic dermatitis which happens or occur on the hands and feet. Dyshidrotic dermatitis can take a worst face if anyone is in emotional stress, but stress is not a cause for the disease. Eating number of allergens like quinoline, neomycin, chromate or nickel may be one of the causes.
How Dyshidrotic Dermatitis does appear is discussed as follows
The rashes of disease called dyshidrotic dermatitis occur primarily on the hands and feet only. But there is majority or number of patients who have been affected on the palms and on the sides of the fingers, and it can also involve the soles of the feet. The rashes appear like deep-seated, crops of clear, tapioca like vesicles and are exceptionally itchy. These vesicles get resolved within three or four weeks and leave behind rings of the scars.
Treatment For Dyshidrotic Dermatitis
Number of attacks gets resolved within three to four weeks, but the rashes which are left behind are extremely itchy, these are the few steps which one can take to speed up the process of controlling the itching:
- Aluminum sub acetate which is also known as Burrow’s Solution, is a kind of drying agent or drying soak that can be used if the cuts ooze.
- If extremely large blister happens then they can be drained by the health care consultant’s advice.
- One may require the antibiotics if his or her skin get broken and infection is suspected by him or her.
- Very strong and effective topical steroids can also be used in order to control the itching. So steroids are also a good option.
- The most important treatment is the skin protection for that topical steroids is used which protect from itching and emollients is the cream which keeps skin soft.
- Number of severe or relentless cases can be tackled by taking oral methotrexate.
- Aluminum chloride (AlCl3) twenty percent which is also called drysol may help one out of the situation caused by the sweating.
In order to avoid the disease dyshidrotic dermatitis one should also take care of personal hygiene. One should take proper bath every day. And while bathing the particular areas of the body should be cleaned thoroughly with soap and clean water. The particular areas which are to be considered are thighs, under arms, neck, ears, hands and breast. These are the most common areas in our body which are attacked by dyshidrotic dermatitis primarily. It has been seen that patients suffering from this disease have great itching problem.