A number of useful Savannah orthopedic services may be used to assist you in keeping your body in check as well as possible. This is made mostly through the support of a variety of different imaging techniques used to help diagnose any problems that you might have.
Orthopedic imaging is used to check and see how your body is functioning and if there are problems in some areas deep within your body. It can be used to determine what treatments you require in order to keep your body as healthy as possible.
An MRI can be performed on your body when looking for information on how it is responding. A magnetic resonance imaging test can be used to identify several problems in your body.
This is used by placing a part of the body in a magnetized field. This is used to analyze individual muscle fibers, blood vessels and other spaces. In fact, there are many reasons why this is often used:
- Cartilage or tendon issues can be identified and fixed through an imaging process.
- The discs and nerves around the spine can also be examined.
- It is also used to see if bones are properly aligned.
- An MRI will identify tumors that might have to be treated by another service provider.
When X-Rays are Used
Sometimes x-rays can be used for your general situation. Savannah orthopedic services often used x-rays to check on bone structures around the body. This is done with the following in mind:
- Sometimes an x-ray can identify a case where the bones are not aligned right.
- There are also times when an x-ray might be reveal that a bone is moving too close to certain tendons.
- You can even tell if bone loss is a problem that might end up causing your body to wear out.
CT Scans Also Work
A computed tomography scan or CT scan is another choice that you can use for getting you general scanning plans covered. An orthopedic service can use this by taking multiple x-rays of multiple angles around the body to create a thorough and more detailed approach to diagnosing your problem.
This type of scan is painless and may involve less radiation than a traditional x-ray. Protection is still required when going through this kind of machine though.
This is often used primarily in cases where you are already going through a particular exam. Sometimes it might be used when you are undergoing a treatment and a doctor has to see if your body is actually responding to that particular treatment. It is a key part of a treatment that may be used to determine if your body is healing as well as it should.
You have to see what you can get out of your Savannah orthopedic services when seeing how your body can be examined. A talented orthopedic service provider in the city has to offer the best imaging solutions so your problems can be diagnosed and then treated in an appropriate manner.