Glowing skin portrays a healthy lifestyle where as dull, lifeless skin symbolizes ill health and sickness. Skin like other parts of the body needs to be taken care of every day. But, why punish it by using chemical laden products when there are several natural, safer and cheaper ways of getting glowing skin at home? Following are 10 simple home remedies which can help you achieve a glowing and flawless skin with regular application.
1. Take 2 tsp of oatmeal powder and add quarter spoon of cinnamon powder to it. Add 2 tsp of milk and make a fine paste. Apply it on the face and neck area, and leave it for 15 minutes. Splash cool water on the face and scrub your face gently in circular motion. Rinse it off and pat dry. Both oatmeal and cinnamon are rich in antioxidants which promote cell growth to give you a flawless skin.
2. Fruits are the cheapest and safest ingredients to pamper your skin. Papaya contains beta hydroxyl acid which acts as an exfoliant to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and gives you a radiant skin. Mix mashed banana with pulp of papaya, and add a tsp of honey to it. Apply it on the face and wash it after half an hour.
3. Orange peel contains vitamin C and antioxidants which acts as an astringent and skin toning agent. Take equal quantities of gram flour and orange peel powder and mix with raw milk. Apply this paste all over the face and leave it for half an hour. Rinse your face with cold water and pat dry. This face pack will effectively remove all the accumulated dirt and pollutants from the face to give you a healthy skin.
4. Tomato contains lycopene, an antioxidant which provides protection against sun rays and removes tan and pigmentation. Mix tomato juice and cucumber juice in equal quantities and apply it on the face using a cotton ball. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse it with cold water.
5. Soak 4 to 5 almonds and leave it overnight. Remove their skin and grind them to a fine paste. Add 1 tsp of milk and 4 tsp of lemon juice to it. Mix well and apply it on your face. Wash it after 20 minutes and pat dry. Apply this face pack thrice a week to get fair and glowing skin.
6. Mix 1 tsp of besan, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of rose water and 1 tsp of lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Apply this on the face and leave it to dry. Wash it off with water and pat dry. This face pack will surely give a smooth and glowing skin.
7. Take 3 to 4 strawberries and mash them using a fork. Apply the pulp on the face and leave it for 20 minutes. Strawberries are abundant in vitamin C and are slightly acidic in nature which will give you smooth and glowing skin.
8. Soak 2 to 3 tsp of methi seeds overnight and grind them to a fine paste. Apply it on the face and let it stay for 15 minutes. Remove the pack while slowly massaging your skin in circular motion. The granular effect will remove blackheads and whiteheads, and will also control excess oil secretion. Regular application of this face pack will give you soft and glowing skin.
9. Take equal amount of lemon juice and honey, mix it well and apply it on your face. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off. Lemon bleaches the skin to remove tan, spots and pigmentation while honey moisturizes and add a glow to the face.
10. Soak some masoor dal in water, leave it overnight and grind it to a fine paste. Mix some curd to this paste and apply it all over the skin. Leave it for some time and when it dries completely, scrub the paste gently from the skin. This will give an instant glow to your face and improve the skin tone as well with regular usage.
The above mentioned packs are proven natural packs which help you to maintain healthy glowing skin without added chemicals. Don’t forget to leave us a comment below. Be fit, stay healthy!
This is Chetana, an Amateur Makeup artist from India and Founder of StyleCraze.com – India’s largest beauty network. I am completely addicted to Makeup & beauty especially the Colour play and the process involved.