Ayurveda is an ancient form of medical science which supports holistic views of wellness. It balances the energy components to enhance one’s beauty quotient. Most of the people these days are resorting to Ayurvedic treatments for healthy hairs, as it has some of the long held secret treatments for thinning and breaking hair. It has gained immense popularity throughout the world for it natural and effective way of treatment.
Hair is a very important part of the body, which enhances its beauty quotient. According to Ayurveda, the health of our hair depends on the proper functioning of the dhatus or tissues. The nutrient plasma produced from the digestion of food nourishes the dhatus, so healthy nutrient plasma will result in healthy hairs. Read on to discover some of the best Ayurvedic tips to improve the health of your hair and promote hair growth.
Ayurvedic Tips for Hair Growth
1. Excess of pitta dosha in the body leads to poor hair health. The first step is to locate the root cause that might be the main reason for pitta dosha. Pitta is increased by excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, meat, excessive consumption of oily and spicy food and smoking. Include high protein, raw vegetables and fruits, salads and green leafy vegetables in your diet to promote hair growth. You can also drink juice extracted from the leaves of spinach and lettuce to stimulate hair growth. Take 1/3rd cup of aloe vera juice and mix it with a pinch of cumin. Drink it daily for three months to get thick and strong hairs.
Sesame is rich in magnesium and calcium, which promotes hair growth. A spoon of sesame seeds every morning can also prevent hair loss. Consuming yoghurt every day can also boost hair growth. Green leafy vegetables are rich in fiber and works amazingly well in treating hair fall. Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins.
2. Our body produces natural oil to keep the hair strands well-conditioned. Hence, avoid using harsh shampoos and soap which may strip off this natural oil from the scalp. Always use a natural shampoo. Amla and shikakai are very good for washing hairs.
3. Massaging scalp with natural hair nutrients herbs helps rejuvenate hair roots that in turn promotes new hair follicles growth. A good hair massage increases blood circulation in that area to promote hair growth. Coconut oil is the best oil for massaging. You can also try medicated oils like Neelibhringadi, Kunthala Kanthi, and Kanjunnyadi oil. Put some oil on the scalp and massage gently till the roots. Head massage also reduces stress, tension and headache.
4. Regular exercise and yoga could be very useful in balancing the aggravated doshas. Yoga and meditation increases blood circulation and keeps the body healthy and rejuvenated. Inverted asana such as Sarvangasana helps reverse the gravity on the body and stimulates blood flow in the hairs which cures hair problems. Deep breathing exercise and medication can control stress.
5. Soak some fenugreek seeds with coconut oil and keep it under the sun for seven days. Apply this oil to the scalp and leave it overnight. This will prevent hair fall and will promote hair growth. You can also soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight in water and grind it to a fine paste. Apply it on the scalp and leave it for half an hour. Wash it thoroughly and let it dry.
6. You can also take Ayurvedic medicines and supplements to improve your hair quality. Usage of Ayurvedic medicines such as Thikthakam kashayam, Thikthakam ghritham as doctor’s advice can improve hair growth. Ayurvedic tonics such as Narasimha rasayanam and Chyavana prasam are also good to maintain healthy hairs.
7. Bhringraj is believed to be the king of herbs as it contains properties which promote hair growth and reverse balding and premature graying. Prepare a paste from the leaves and apply it to your scalp. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it. You can also make a paste by mixing two tablespoons of dried bhringraj powder and mix it with five to six tablespoon of warm water. Apply the paste on the hair and wash it after 20 minutes. It will also help keep the mind calm and promotes sound sleep. It can also be taken internally to stimulate rejuvenation.
8. Brahmi is one of the best age old treatments to promote hair growth. It is known to strengthen the roots and stop hair fall. Apply a paste of fresh brahmi leaves on your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes. You can also use powdered brahmi leaves, soaked in warm water. Brahmi hair oil is also available in the market to treat hair fall problem. It can be mixed with curd and applied. This will improve the hair texture and quality.
9. Amla, Indian gooseberry is loaded with vitamin C and anti-oxidants, which is very beneficial for hair growth. Its powdered can be used along with curd to make an amazing hair pack. This pack will promote thick and black hairs. Reetha is another natural ingredient to promote hair growth. It effectively cleanses the hairs without striping the natural oils from the scalp. Thus it keeps the hair and scalp moisturized and shiny. You can use reetha to massage the scalp.
10. Ayurveda uses natural cleaning herbal solution to get rid of dandruff and other toxins. Dandruff and itchy scalp often hinders hair growth and can even lead to severe hair fall. Neem contains anti-bacterial properties which fights dandruff and lice. Make a paste of fresh neem leaves soaked with amla powder. Apply it on the scalp and wash it after 20 minutes. You can drink neem juice or use it as a hair pack to get rid of dandruff. You can also boil a handful of fresh neem and strain the infusion. Leave it aside to let it cool. Wash your hair with this strain to get healthy and nourished hair.
These ayurvedic tips for fast hair growth will definitely help you to flaunt long and lustrous hair in no time. Don’t forget to leave a comment below. Stay fit, stay healthy!
This is Chetana, an Amateur Makeup artist from India and Founder of StyleCraze.com – India’s largest beauty network. I am completely addicted to Makeup & beauty especially the Colour play and the process involved.