Psoriasis is basically a non-contagious or non-infectious chronic skin disease or disorder. But the bad thing about psoriasis is that it has no cure. The name psoriasis has been derived from the Greek word Psora. The meaning of the word Psora is to “itch”.
In this disease the growth of skin cells becomes very high. Compared to development of normal skin which takes near about twenty to thirty days, the skin of the person suffering from psoriasis attains maturity in five to six days only.
The disease psoriasis is not limited to certain age group. And the population of world affected by psoriasis is only three to four percent. But number of researches said that people who are above fifty or fifty five are more confined to this disease, and this disease is much more common in girls. And it is found commonly in the people who have fair skin or fair complexion, is hardly affects the people who have the dark skin.
There are number of types of Flexural Psoriasis which appears on the skin’s red and dry areas without any flakes. Flexural Psoriasis is also termed as or known as the reverse psoriasis and it is commonly seen in the over weighing people as it occurs only in the places where skin folds or one can say in the areas where there is lot of rubbing of skin takes place.
This illness is also concerned or associated with the mental balance of the human being. With mental balance we mean the mental well-being. Number of people experience depression which later on increases the warning signs of psoriasis and as a result lead to the stress and frustration. The commemorative inscription is sometimes getting contaminated with the fungus called Candida albicans. It sometimes also comes into view at the spot of wounds or scars.
Number of doctors and scientists believe that this disease has the generic link. Few factors which lead to occurrence of the disease Flexural Psoriasis are discussed below:
- The first one is because of smoking.
- Taking imbalance diet also causes Flexural Psoriasis.
- Lot of stress of any task, living in depression and anxiety also causes the disease.
- The problem of arthritis.
- Colitis is also one of the causes.
- Beta blockers also cause the disease.
- Antidepressant drugs are one of the major causes of Flexural Psoriasis.
- Changes in weather also cause the Flexural Psoriasis.
- Consumption of alcohol in excess is also one of the reasons.
- Exposing body to excessive hot or cold weather.
The appearance of the Flexural Psoriasis
Because of the large moisture content of the skin folds, Flexural Psoriasis does not have the silver or shining appearance like other psoriasis. The flexural psoriasis is characterized by the smooth and red patches on the skin folds. It also has the perfect shape or one can say well designed borders. It also causes cracks in the skin but it’s not often. The skin may come out as swollen because of sweating and rubbing.
Flexural Psoriasis Treatment
- Daily exposure to a bit of sunlight.
- Cold showers ease itching
- Try not to wear tight fitting clothes
- Take supplements of vitamin E.
- Vitamin D-like compounds – Calcipotriol cream is an effective and safe treatment for psoriasis in the flexures and should be applied twice daily. If it irritates, it can be applied once daily and hydrocortisone cream 12 hours later.
- Natural antidepressants such as 5HTP, Gingko Biloba, and St. John’s Wort.
- A diet of grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruit should be followed.