Home :: Zyban
Zyban wellbutrin medication- side effects, zyban quit smoking
Generic name: Bupropion hydrochloride
Uses of Zyban
Zyban , an antidepressant of the aminoketone class and a non-nicotine aid to smoking cessation, is chemically unrelated to tricyclic, tetracyclic, selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, or other known antidepressant agents.
Zyban is a prescription medication designed to help smokers quit more easily than without the drug. It comes in a pill form. It does not contain nicotine.Zyban is mostly used for giving up smoking, in combination with motivational support. This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
How to Take Zyban:
You can use nicotine patches along with Zyban. However, combining the two treatments can raise your blood pressure, so it's important to tell your doctor if you plan to use both. Do not smoke while using a patch, because too much nicotine can cause serious side effects. Always take it exactly as prescribed.
Side Effects of Zyban:
The most commonly observed adverse events associated with the use of Zyban and not seen at an equivalent incidence among placebo-treated patients were gastrointestinal complaints, including
- Abdominal pain,
- abnormal dreams,
- diarrhea, disturbed concentration,
- joint pain,
- increased cough, itching,
- nasal inflammation,
- nausea, nervousness,
- sore throat
Other rare side effects of Zyban:
- Visual disturbances
- Fever (pyrexia)
- Anxiety and agitation
- Increased heart rate (tachycardia)
- Chest pain
Warnings and precautions for Zyban:
- If you have difficulty breathing or swallowing; notice swelling in your face, lips, tongue, or throat stop taking Zyban and call your doctor immediately
- Do not take Zyban drug if you have any type of seizure disorder.
- Do not take Zyban drug if you have a history of anorexia or bulimia.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Zyban drug.
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, do your best to quit smoking with the aid of counseling and support before turning to drug therapy.
- Circumstances associated with an increased seizure risk include,
among others, excessive use of alcohol or sedatives (including benzodiazepines); addiction to opiates, cocaine, or stimulants; use of over-the-counter stimulants and anorectics; and diabetes treated with oral hypoglycemics or insulin.
- When it is time to stop taking Zyban, do not stop abruptly. Your doctor will have you taper off gradually to avoid withdrawal symptoms such as dizziness, fever, general feeling of illness, headache, high fever, irritability or worsening emotional or mental problems, nausea, sleep problems, vomiting.
Overdosage of Zyban wellbutrin drug
Information on Zyban overdose is limited. However, any medication taken in excess can have serious consequences. If you suspect an overdose, seek medical attention immediately.
Symptoms of Zyban overdose may include:
- Blurred visio
How to Store Zyban:
Keep Zyban medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.
back to drugs section